Together we are stronger! When the Farm and Ranch Freedom Alliance (FARFA), Small Producers Initiative at Texas State University (SPI), and Council for Healthy Food Systems (CHFS) decided to join forces in 2019, it resulted in the formation of the Southern Family Farmers & Food Systems Conference (SFFFS Con) – the one BIG annual event serving small and mid-sized family farmers growing sustainably and regeneratively on the land.
The SFFFS Conference is a event bringing together producers from all over the state of Texas, Southern U.S., and beyond to celebrate small farms and local food. Contact Organics is part of the regenerative agriculture movement, offering sustainable weed control option to farming operations of all sizes.
The Contact Organics team will be at the Small Farmers Conference https://www.southernfamilyfarmersconference.org/
The SFFFS Con 2023 Keynote Speaker is Gary Paul Nabhan, an Agricultural Ecologist, Ethnobotanist, Ecumenical Franciscan Brother, and author whose work has focused primarily on the interaction of biodiversity and cultural diversity of the arid binational Southwest. Gary is a pioneer in the local food movement and the heirloom seed saving movement.
The 2023 SFFFS Conference is an event not to be missed. Lots of planned activities to suit everyone’s interests:
- Meet Ray Archuleta, soil scientist featured in “Kiss the Ground” documentary and also on the Contact Organics’ Global Advisory Board
- 3 days of education on small- to medium-scale AG and regenerative production
- Network with farmers, ranchers, leaders, and businesses
- Pre-conference workshops and small group consultations
- 7 learning tracks including niche topics
- Exhibit hall with 35+ vendors serving farmers & ranchers
- Silent Auction with food and agriculture goodies
- Banquet Dinner with great company and delightful cuisine
- Leave with renewed energy, new connections, and a plethora of resources!
Don’t miss this incredible opportunity to connect, learn, and shape the future of sustainable agriculture.